Project Medicine Drop:
Project Medicine Drop has been an important component of New Jersey’s overall efforts to halt the abuse and diversion of prescription drugs and provides consumers with an opportunity to discard unused prescription medications every day throughout the year at participating police departments.
Since its launch in 2011, Project Medicine Drop has resulted in the collection of 139,729 pounds - or just less than 70 tons - of unused medications.
Walgreen’s Safe Medication Disposal Program
In addition, New Jersey is partnering with Walgreen’s and their Safe Medication Disposal Program to give residents additional locations in which to safely and conveniently dispose of their unwanted, unused or expired prescriptions, including controlled substances and over-the-counter medications, at no cost.
Walgreens has placed kiosks at sixteen of their pharmacy locations throughout the state.
- Carlstadt 637 Hoboken Rd
- East Brunswick 421 Ryders Ln
- East Orange 508 Main St
- Elizabeth 600 Newark Ave
- Elmwood Park 100 Broadway
- Hamilton 1096 Highway 33
- Jersey City 110 Newark Ave
- Millville 1111 N High St
- Neptune 1905 State Route 33
- Parsippany 200 Baldwin Road, Ste #200
- Pennsauken 4601 Westfield Ave
- Perth Amboy 520 Convery Blvd
- Somerville 129 Somerset St
- Toms River 1311 Route 37 W
- Union 2148 Morris Ave